Thursday, December 11, 2008

i'm in xmas cookie hell...

xmas and hell probably shouldn't be in the same sentence but today it is for me. baked sugar cookies this morning with little miss k - what a mess! flour everywhere, pieces of dough all over the place - baking with the kids just stresses me out. i think it is because unlike cooking, you need to be exact with your ingredients with baking - which is hard to do when the kids insist on putting a tsp of vanilla in and half lands on the countertop or when you turn your back for a second and they shove their face in the bowl to inhale raw butter before you even mix in the sugar! i know i need to relax about this - but i just haven't learned to do so yet. patience is what i want for xmas, but until then i'll just try to forget that we still need to decorate the damn cookies.

2 comments:

favsis said...

See, I like baking better b/c I find you can fudge the measuring more than in cooking. Just add more sugar/vanilla or flour depending on what got messed-up.

p.s. Nick and I have now made approx. 20 loaves of pumpkin bread. I think I need an upgrade on my mixer!

HH said...

hey - can you email me that velveeta fudge recipe? i can't find it...